
This little lovey has been so sick. Yesterday morning, her temperature was 104 degrees. She was a little oven! And so very lethargic. I've never seen a temp that high or a baby that "out of it". It was scary. I called the doctor. And the pharmacy. And got her on an antibiotic. We'd just been to the doctor the day before...and her ears were red, which may have been from a lingering ear infection or maybe something new??
This morning her temp was normal!! I was so relieved and glad to have some sweet baby smiles. I did call her doctor's office again though, because since yesterday, she's had a very red half-circle under her right eye. It almost looks like she got punched in the eye! The nurse seemed concerned that it might be cellulitis. I didn't remember even hearing of that before. So, I looked it up...and sure enough, I found pics online that look almost exactly like Mckenzie's eye!! The treatment for periorbital cellulitis is an oral antibiotic...so we've got that covered. Thankfully, her eye looked better after her afternoon nap. She's presently asleep for the night. Hopefully my little girl will be 100% in the morning.
On a different note, at supper tonight, P asked me, "Mom, did you know that a sugar glider is a flying marsupial?" Um...okay? He LOVES the PBS show Wild Kratts, where these two guys investigate how animals live and get "creature powers" to make them fly/swim/glide or whatever the animals do. Apparently P vividly remembers what he learns about the animals featured on the show. He then went on to tell me how the sugar gliders "fall forward" to glide...etc. I think he'll make a good teacher someday. :)
Poor little thing! I hope she feels better ASAP! And this means YOU will feel better!
ReplyDelete