Thursday, March 17, 2011

Redirecting...

I clicked on a link recently, and the website took me to another page. Nothing unusual there, but I noticed in my browser that it said "redirecting"...It hit me. This is what I need. Sometimes. A lot of times. I get sidetracked. Stuck. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night...and then can't get my mind to stop. Other times I let things consume me...not good!

Throughout my life, there's been several circumstances that have caused me to spend many days and nights in turmoil. Not to blame the way I am on pregnancy at all, but it seems for me that things began to stress me MORE when I was pregnant with P. To the point of sleeplessness, etc. When I was a kid though, I know I stressed my Mom out with all of my "what-if's" and questions about what MIGHT happen. I was a worrier...even then.

It's not good, I know that. And it's not right. That is obvious. Proverbs 12:25 states, "Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad." Philippians 4:6-7 says it well: 6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." 7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." And 1 Peter 5:7 tells us what to do with worry, "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Often times I need to just give it over to God. Lay it down. Forget about it and focus on what it is that HE wants me to be focusing on. I believe He wants me to be encouraging others, teaching my children, spending time in the Word, and growing in Christ. There is a lot of GOOD things to be doing, and none of those things include being weighed down with worry.

The Lord has been redirecting me. Through prayer and time spent in His Word. Through the women's Bible study I've attended for 3 years now (love those ladies!) And through my husband. I'm so thankful for Joel. He helps me see what is valuable in life.

What does it feel like to have no worries? I believe Mckenzie knows...
It seems to me that getting to experience childlike wonder is like receiving tiny pieces of Heaven while here on Earth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment