Saturday, June 14, 2008

Summer Fun

We had a busy week last week with VBS every morning. Bible school was a Summer tradition for us growing up, so I'm glad for the chance to be a part of one again. This was Preston's first year of VBS, and being in a classroom setting for Bible school. I think he really enjoyed his time with the kids and for the most part really liked the puppets and songs everyday...when he wasn't too busy trying to run from me.:) All in all it was a fun time and while he was in class with his buddies, I got to help out with the Juniors, (4th through 6th grade.) WOW! They are such a smart bunch!! Do you know you know the show, "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" Well, I know I'm not...but being around these kids showed me exactly how smart they are...and the fact that I am not! The theme this year was dinosaurs, so Preston got to take home an inflatable dinosaur! JUST what we needed.

We're looking forward to celebrating Father's Day...hopefully with a trip to the Fremont waterpark.:) Tonight we're having friends over for dinner, so it seems it will be a very fun weekend. Next weekend Joel's family will be coming!! They haven't made it out since last August, so it will be neat to have them here again.

Here's a picture of Preston from church last Sunday. LOOKS innocent enough, doesn't he?:)

2 comments:

  1. Preston is getting so big. He really does have an innocent look! It sounds like you had a great VBS. My boys would have loved that dinosaur theme.
    I am kind of bummed now that I didn't take the boys to the Fremont water park last summer. It looked like so much fun. I guess we do have the Dells near us but that really looked like a neat place.
    Hope you had a great day at the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!! Another fun blog i'm so glad we meet over purses:) I'll be stopping in and reading on a regular basis!!

    ReplyDelete