Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hungry...but not that hungry!

Well last night I decided (again) to try and get Preston to eat something "different". He's so picky, and it seems like at times we cater to that, because in reality it is easier to give him what we know he'll eat, so meal times do not have to be a fit and we can all eat in peace! That has left us very limited...mainly to the 3rd stage jarred spaghetti and their turkey with veggies (ew) and his infamous chicken nuggets.So, last night for supper, I made him a grilled cheese! We've tried it before on him, but no luck. I make his with dairy-free cheese (he's allergic) and vegan butter....It's actually still an awesome grilled cheese! Anyhow, the first attempt failed...He wouldn't eat it, and got sent to his room. Well, I know he's hungry, because he's hanging around the fridge, wanting FOOD! He asks for rice milk and whines around and finally I make another sandwich, because the kid has got to eat...(So I think!) I had told him this is it, all that you get for supper. Our second attempt went better, at least he sat up to the table longer...and TOUCHED his food. After he was done, his plate looked like this:
Which WOULD have been exciting, but the centerpiece on our table looked like this:
Ah, well...You can't win them all!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! He is definitely the creative one!! You better look around and make sure there aren't any other stashes somewhere.

    ReplyDelete