I still wondered on the way there if this was really it. I was pretty sure they were going to check me and send me home. False alarm. Those crazy Braxton Hicks. I had another pretty painful one in the parking lot. Got checked in and to my room. I was at 7 centimeters. Relieved and glad to know this was the "real deal". :) I got the I.V. antibiotics for my Strep B infection. Then, they put the j-tube on my I.V. and I was free to move about. Joel helped me through another very painful contraction. I wanted to jump in the jetted tub. It was almost ready...I got in-for about 4 minutes. So soothing. Then suddenly, I was ready to push! The midwife helped me out and to the bed. About 20 minutes later, Mckenzie Sharon was born. Her cry was one of the most beautiful sounds I've ever heard. P is excited about his baby sister, but probably a little bit even MORE excited, to be spending another night with his Grandparents. :)
Meanwhile, we're enjoying being home. And M is taking a nap. She seems to be worn out from the past couple days. Or maybe just from her lack of sleep last NIGHT. Hmm. I do not want to take the intoxicating scent of newborn for granted. I will scoop her up and cuddle her and kiss her sweet head, all the while remembering that they grow so fast. And I need to take the time...to be thankful.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. -Jeremiah 29:11
What an incredible birth story! That is awesome! I'm so excited and happy for you Jen! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteHurray! We are so excited that your baby girl is here and at HOME! We look forward to meeting her soon! Love you!
ReplyDelete