Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Garage Sale FAIL

We had a garage sale last weekend. We went through the finding and pricing of items. And the organizing and advertising our sale. And after paying for my portion of the ad that ran in Saturday's paper...I cleared $3.60. I'm trying to decide what to do with my earnings. I may start investing. Anyone have any good stock tips? Or perhaps I should split this amount and stash it away for my kids' college funds. Hmm...The possibilities are endless, really.

It wasn't a waste of time though because I got to spend quality time with my Mom and Sister. And that is PRICELESS. Also, my Mom brought homemade zucchini bread one day and blueberry muffins the next. Those are not to be taken for granted.

This coming weekend, we will try again! This time the sale will take place at my Mom's house. Surely, our sale can't flop twice in a row, right? This will be a multi-family sale, with lots of items that are priced to sell! And sell they shall! I'm trying to be positive.

Since we had some times on our hands...This is some of what went on:
Reading and lounging.
Kenzie liked the stickers. And we had free time, what can I say?
Mr. P enjoyed playing Xbox in the garage, with his cousins!

3 comments:

  1. I was going to go garage saling last weekend but LB wouldn't participate so I stayed in. Too bad I have mops tomorrow then we are heading out of town or I'd try to make a stop...that is if I could find the one you are at ;) Do you do mops?
    Im working on starting an online bookclub! I'll let you know when it gets going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so annoying! All that work!!! How did the one with your Mom go? She looks so cute with all her stickers though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our sale went better this past weekend! We made more $ and got rid of a LOT more. Between selling more and donated 3 boxes to Goodwill, I feel like things have at least been decently cleared out. :)

    ReplyDelete