Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Waiting Game

My last appointment went well. The ultrasound showed the placenta had moved up to where it's supposed to be, yay! However, from the measurement they gave me, I'm 50% effaced. I guess that doesn't mean too much-it could still be a while. While the midwife thinks I'll make it farther than I did with P (which would be this weekend!) she also talked like it's definitely an indicator and my body may just be saying that it's done. I'll be 36 weeks on Friday...and will be glad to at least make it to that point. I have another appointment tomorrow, so am curious to see if I've progressed more or not!

I've been feeling yucky. For the past...week and a half. Not sure what is going on-if my body is getting ready or what, but this crampy, icky feeling can go AWAY as far as I'm concerned! Last night was the longest I've had in a long time...Up almost every hour...couldn't get comfortable. Baby girl was doing karate! She'd be kicking like crazy on the side I was lying on, so I'd switch sides...and then she'd switch over to the opposite side! Joel is pretty worried about her level of feistiness. ;o) I NEVER felt P move this much, so it will be interesting to see what this one is like!

Yesterday I was pouring over the baby book again. For several months now, we keep going back to the same name. We both like it...the sound of it, the spiritual meaning, etc. But-I want to be sure...so I was perusing said baby book. Mr. P didn't like any of the name suggestions I was throwing out. He'd say, "That sounds weird..." Okay, so finally I asked him what we should name her. His first answer was of course, "Baby Sister". He said that it's fun to say! :) Well, sure...but I explained that other people need a name to call her too. Everyone can't call her Baby Sister, because she's your baby sister! So then he offered a more 'reasonable' suggestion. He said we should name her Pillow Fight. Hmm...While I did get a good laugh out of it, and sure...it would be UNIQUE, I don't think that's going to fly. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been feeling the same way Jen. I am also not getting much sleep either. :( I keep telling myself that this is getting me ready for when the baby comes. I am scheduled for a C-section a week from today so we are counting down the days here.
    I loved the names P gave the baby. We are torn between two names and are going to wait until this little guy is born. Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I'm so excited for you guys!! I'll be praying for a safe delivery and things go well for you. It's got to be kind of nice to have a date 'scheduled' at least. :) I'll also pray for quick healing for you!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete