Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Momma!

Today is my Mom's Birthday. I won't say which Birthday. Age is not important. And she will read this. And she would kill me if I reveal her age. :)


My Mom is beautiful. In honor of her big day, I wanted to write what makes my Mom so amazing. There are a lot of things...but here goes:

She is a voice of reason. Even when things seem crazy to me, she knows what to say to bring me back to reality. Basically, she is a realist. She tells it like it is...and it's usually not that bad!

She is a great Grandma. Her Grandkids love being with her. She loves them so much. It's hard to believe that soon there will be a little girl amongst all these boys! :)

She is physically strong. I wouldn't say she is Superwoman...but, pretty much! She'll walk 8 miles on her treadmill, on a STEEP incline...scoop 6 foot drifts of snow for hours, play tennis in 98 degree heat, and still have the energy to babysit her day care kiddos the next day. Where does her energy come from?? I'm not sure. But I admire her strength! For years my Mom has logged her exercise...daily. She is the most 'fit' person I know. She encouraged me GREATLY when I was losing the baby weight with P, and I know she'll be a source of encouragement (and irritation) for me this time around, too! :)

She is one of my best friends. Growing up, I never thought I'd say that about my Mom...but it is so true. I am blessed daily by our conversations. Sometimes several times a day. I appreciate that I can call her up just for the little things...I tell her funny things P says, and she laughs with me. I don't know what I'd do without her.

I love you, Mom! HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, so true on all accounts. So thankful she is our mom!

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell your mom Happy Birthday from me. I have also been amazed at her exercise routine and the discipline she has to keep it up. I miss her too!!

    ReplyDelete