We packed a LOT into the 24 hours that we were in Iowa! My Sister-in-Law took us to a c-u-t-e apple orchard, spoiled us with wonderful, fruity, baked oatmeal, and treated us to Pizza Hut. Another highlight was getting to meet up with TWO of my former college roommates in ONE day! We got to visit my sweet roomy from my Senior year on Tuesday night, at her house...and then Wednesday, we met her and her 2 kiddos at the park. It was great for all the little ones to RUN off energy! We all had a great time chatting, and eating watermelon. It was great to catch up! Wednesday night, on the way home...P & I met with my Sophomore year roomy and her 5-year-old daughter. We had dinner and chatted. She and I met before I even met Joel, so she got to was forced to listen to the drama involving Joel & I in the early days, when I was trying to figure out if I liked him...etc. HINT: I really did like him! :)
Tonight we are headed to a state park about 2 1/2 hours away to go tent-camping. Yikes. I previously referred to camping in tents as: sleeping on the ground, with BUGS. I'm trying to stop that. Really. Joel says bugs don't get in your tent. :) As much as I am not a camper, I am really looking forward to some quality family time away from it all!
Happy weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment