Monday, June 8, 2009

Yelling Out the Window

Mr. P loves to play outside. LOVES. IT. Sometimes first thing in the morning he begs me to go outside. When we're still in our pajamas. BEFORE I've had my coffee. (Silly child, he'll learn.) Today was a bit cold and windy...and I just didn't want to take him outside. Tonight while I was getting ready for Bible study, I had the window open, to let in a cool breeze. Mr. P spotted some kids playing across the street. He proceeded to YELL out to them. For about 20 minutes. Everyone is a friend to him. One kid was apparently on a blue bike, and one was on a red bike. He called them 'the red kid' and 'the blue kid.'

He was so intent on talking to them yelling at them that he had a lil' accident. Just a slight one. Minor really. I was in the bathroom straightening my hair, and he was sitting on 'the potty' when he told me a story that went something like this:

P: Mom, that blue kid called me a baby. [P laughed a weird laugh.] But I'm not a baby.
Me: Nope, he's silly huh? You're not a baby.
P: [P again laughs a fake-sounding laugh] Nope, I'm not a baby. He's silly.

Joel did take him outside, while I was at Bible study. I'm so glad he got to go out. That way he could show the blue kid he's not a baby after all! :)

Here's Mr. P at the Children's Museum the other day:
And at the park. Sigh. I love Summer. :)



1 comment: