Thursday, December 11, 2008

Milestones

We have a 3-year-old! It seems like the past 3 years have zoomed by-I can't believe Preston is no longer a baby!! To prove it, he's been sleeping in a toddler bed for the past few weeks. What a big change for him! I still think he slept sounder in his crib...and he does seem a little afraid of the dark now. He sometimes wants to sleep with his lamp on. I'm looking at getting him Twilight Turtle for Christmas. Anyone seen this great invention? It's a plush turtle that kids sleep with, and it puts little stars on the ceiling, making the room 'less scary'. I'm thinking that it's worth the $25 or so, if it means P will sleep longer and sounder because he'll hopefully feel safe in his room!
Here's some pics of his new bed:
Monday night, we had a small party for P's Birthday. It featured chicken (his most favorite food) and side dishes, and of course chocolate cake-with Cars on it...what more could you want? :) 
Heres some photos of the excitement:
In other exciting news, my new nephew has arrived! Nathan Mark Coates was born on 12/7, weighing in at 8 pounds, 7 ounces! Congratulations to Seth and JoAnn!! I think Luke & Andrew will make great big brothers. Here's a glimpse of the happy family:
What a good-looking clan, eh? 
Well, I hope everyone is enjoying this busy Holiday Season, as you get ready to celebrate Christ's Birth! I believe I'm about halfway done with my Christmas shopping, and hope to accomplish a bit more-today. We've also been enjoying the advent calendar that Joel's Mom made us. Although Preston doesn't really get it yet-and has put several pieces of felt animals/angels/etc. up while I've been on the phone...it's great to reflect on the true meaning of this Season! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that Preston is already three! Love the new bed! Thanks for putting up a picture of then new member of the Coates family. What a cutie!!
    Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a glowing turtle sounds super awesome!

    Congrats on being an Aunt again!

    ReplyDelete