Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I have the Mums!

No, not a disease. This Spring I planted many beautiful flowers, but I was disappointed at the plants I thought would be pretty...instead they turned out to be huge green 'bushes'. Sometime in the last couple weeks, these bushes have flowered, and turned into beautiful deep purple and yellow MUMS. :) My In-Laws informed me that these Mums will return each season...oh, happy day! Low maintenance gardening is my idea of FUN. Apparently, I don't actually have a green thumb. Anyhow, I'm enjoying my beautiful Mums, and am reminded of the verse, Ecclesiastes 3:11a, "He hath made everything beautiful in his time..." I'd like to post a photo of these fancy Mums, but it is cold and rainy today, so that's not going to happen.

I will, however post a photo that I do have, and it is of course, little P. 

2 comments:

  1. hurray for beautiful flowers! I am hoping to get more mums to add to my fall flower collection outside :o)

    Oh, check out my blog. P is sporting a picture over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey!! don't forget to cover thoses mums with leaves or a cover. Mind did great for like 2 years then they got frozen over a very cold winter. Made me so sad b/c they were so beautiful.
    What else is new by you?? How's the business?

    ReplyDelete