Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation...so sad it's over.

It was great to get away...Nice to spend time just us again, see the sights, and enjoy being together. Our first night there was in a pretty nice hotel. We ate in the restaurant there, and then went for a drive. Pretty sure we saw a dead man...on the side of the road. A police officer was with him, shined a light in his eyes, and called it in. The man was either passed out drunk...or dead. Either way, he didn't move a bit. Didn't look good. We went for a swim in the cold hotel pool and called it a night.Friday we got up and checked out of our hotel, to drive to 'the strip'. Wow!! So much to see, we were overwhelmed with where to start. We've heard of things we should do in the area...places to go, etc. But there was SO much!! We parked our car in a casino garage and headed across the street to Ceasar's Palace. I'm convinced we could've spent the day there, seeing everything. The Forum shops were amazing (but over-priced.) We had fun looking around, and then met up with Leah and her boyfriend. We then checked into our hotel for the last 2 nights (the Sahara, what a dump!) After checking in, we went and ate at the Rainforest Cafe. What an amazing place!! Every half hour, it 'stormed' and you'd hear lightning and thunder...The ceiling looked like an amazing sky at night. That was by far my favorite place we ate!!

Saturday and Sunday were spent walking around...ALOT. I wonder how many miles we walked this weekend. Our legs were so sore! We got to go to the top of the Paris tower. What an amazing view at night!! I also enjoyed waking up in the mornings and heading out to swim and lounge by the pool. I could get used to that!!:)

Joel and I are already talking about next time we go...:) We want to go to the top of the Stratosphere, see a show, and drive out to Hoover Dam...(none of which we did this time.) I also never want to take a red-eye flight again. Just something about ending a vacation completely drained that puts a damper on the week ahead.

P had a great time with his Grandparents! We're so greatful he was in good hands. He keeps talking about Sharon going bye-bye...He really misses her! I think we're all sad vacation is over.:)



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great vacation! It looked like such a neat place to go to except for that second hotel! :)
    I bet that P was very excited to have you all back after all that spoiling from the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete