Thursday, April 17, 2008

Target Fun?

Today we went to Target. I am always way excited to shop at my favorite 'upscale' department store, and today was no exception! I met my friend Julie with her adorable baby at the awesome Target at 168th & Maple. There were Clearance Clothing items to peruse, discount merchandise to FIND, I was salivating over the possibilities. 

Then, it began. By 'it', I mean the WAR of 2 minds, which is inevitable, whenever I take my toddler out on any 'pleasure outings'. It started with him wanting to play hide-and-seek with me. Only, I wasn't really playing. I'd find him, bring him back to the cart, and off the little maniac was again. Hiding behind a clothing rack. Running to another aisle. The possibilities were endless. And annoying. I took off my sweatshirt, because I was really starting to feel the burn! By the time we got to the dressing rooms to try on our clearance collections, P was being LESS than cooperative. I would step out to show Julie an outfit, and he would slam the door. Repeatedly! No chance for us to go unnoticed, in a store!

While an hour and a half is JUST right for me, in Target-wonderland, it's apparently WAY too much for my 2-year-old ball of fire to handle at this point. I'm just going to have to accept that from this point until he's oh-12-that being a stay-at-home Momma means I'm gonna stay AT home. It's not like I'm going to have to start turning down friends' offers, they're just going to STOP asking!

2 comments:

  1. oh Jen, you crack me up! I had a great time today. I know it wouldn't have been the same without you!!!

    Did you get to go to the mall? Find anything good?

    I am so excited about the blog! Do you want your Fashion Friday stuff to put on there? I probably still have the email somewhere. LOL.

    Anyway, glad you've joined the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have had those moments in the store with my boys. Isaac just had a fun episode at the library when they didn't have his favorite book. I wanted to claim I didn't know him! :)
    I love the picture of Preston with the hat and that adorable smile. I can't wait to see more pictures. Welcome to the blogging world. Now we just need to get your sister doing one.

    ReplyDelete