Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ponderings

Life has been busy, lately. Some of our busy-ness the past few weeks stems from : a family trip to Colorado, a garage sale, company coming to stay, a family wedding, home-schooling, trying to teach and train a 2-year-old, and just trying to keep up with household things. I feel worn out, but am sure my kids are tired too. Teaching and training a 6-year-old at home can be a challenge. I love having my son here, but at the same time...there are moments when I want to run away. ;-) Today he has been especially whiny. We were out doing errands earlier, and I had a coupon for an Arby's turkey sandwich (yum.) So, we went through the drive-thru. I decided I'd order both of the kids a kids' meal. And then P started whining about how he didn't want to eat "THAT". So, no kids' meals. And then we were doing math this afternoon, and I assigned him 1 more page to do. It's an easy concept for him...filling in missing numbers, counting to 20. He did a page but apparently one more was just TOO much. He whined and complained and sat there NOT doing his work. So, he got 5 more pages assigned. Yippee. This all lead me to think about things we may miss out on without even knowing it, because of our attitude. Maybe the Lord wished to bless me in some way today but because I was crabby or complaining, I didn't get my "kids' meal" that I didn't even know I had coming. Or maybe I had a bad attitude about the work load I had to do, so instead of just getting things done and enjoying time with my kids, my "punishment" is that the work isn't done and instead weighs heavy on me. Verse I need today : This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment