I took Mckenzie in for her 12-month checkup. She's in the 90th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight. The troubling thing to the doctor was that her head is off the charts...way off the charts. It was big at her 9-month appointment but has continued to grow at an apparently alarming rate. The pediatrician ordered an ultrasound and MRI. They're scheduled for Wednesday. I really trust our pediatrician. He has 9 kids of his own and is a fellow believer. He said that this is what he would do if it were his kid.
Whatever the results do (or don't!) show, I have to take Mckenzie in every month for a lab only...weight check and head measurement. The doc wants to make sure there aren't any more sudden spikes in the growth of her head.
I shouldn't have done it...but I started reading online after our appointment today. I can't handle reading about what could be wrong and have vowed to not read any more possibilities on the internet today. I'm trusting that my Heavenly Father is in control and He is more than ABLE to take care of our sweet baby girl.
Please pray.
Praying and thinking of you! She has a very CUTE head!
ReplyDelete