Another weekend is quickly approaching. I'm excited about Friday night - DATE NIGHT with Joel. He's been my boyfriend for over 9 years now, and I love getting to spend one on one time with him. (Okay, so I'm feeling a bit sappy...it could be the hormones.) It's been over a month since our last date, so we're due-and I know that once baby girl comes that our together time will be limited. There's something about having a nursing baby that makes it hard to 'get away'. I'm ready to meet her though! From the way she kicks (and does gymnastics) in my belly, I think she'll be feisty. I also assume she'll look just like Mr. P did when he was a newborn. If she looks different (as kids tend to do) then I'll be surprised. :)
My two favorite guys!
Yesterday was my 32 week appointment. No glucose in my urine, hooray!...and I hadn't gained any weight since my last appointment. The midwife (a different one from last time) asked me if I was feeling okay. Excuse me? Am I feeling okay? YES. I just got freaked out by my last appointment and worried I'd have a 10-pounder. It's hard to eat the same amount when I'm having to severely limit carb and sugar intake. :) Anyhow, she said everything looked great...and, while I'm still going to be watchful of carbs and sugar (I don't need a lot of the extra 'junk' anyhow) I at least feel like I can eat in moderation. Which, I guess is kinda the point.
Mr. P and I enjoyed some time outside today. It's so sunny and beautiful...I pretended we were on a beach vacation. I even got a little burn! :) But, alas...there was no ocean...and I was wearing my maternity clothes instead of a bathing suit. Oh well, a girl can dream, ha! For our 'vacation' this year we'll be at the Hospital having our daughter, so...I'm trying to improvise here.
Great job on not gaining any weight which is HARD to do with a growing baby! I can't wait to see what she looks like! Oh, she'll be here soon!
ReplyDelete