I tried to capture their vitality and spirit with a photo-but did not accomplish it. My favorite is the green frog, who wiggles his hips from side to side, while opening his jacket and croons, 'you're UN-believable...' Magical, no?
In fairness, I'll admit that our first Valentine's Day as a married couple-I was guilty of giving Joel the little hamster with the Elvis haircut. His little cheeks light up as he dances and sings, 'Ain't too proud to Beg'. It's heart-warming.
Notice how I've kept several of these cute lil' creatures in the original packaging. One might think I was getting ready to sell them all on Ebay-as one lot, to make a few bucks. No, I wouldn't do that. But-I am wondering what we'll do with them all in say another 20 years of marriage. Maybe build an addition? A room just for them? Or put them all in a lovely display case? Ha!! Until then, they'll all be huddled up on the top shelf of the closet until next year, when we can bring them out to laugh and entertain ourselves. Ah, who said romance was dead?!
Wish I could see all those animals do their thing. Preston must be pretty entertained around this time of year!
ReplyDelete