Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009 Aspirations

Some of my blogging friends have posted 2009 Goals and this has made me ponder...what do I really consider important for this new year? Well, there are some highlights, here goes:

1) I want to grow in my relationship with Christ. This means more time in Bible study and prayer, and sharing my faith with others...I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in our lives this year.

2) Nurture my relationships with friends/family. Whatever it takes-cards/email/etc. These people are important to me, and they need to know it!

3) Watch my WORDS. My mouth gets me into trouble-alot. I want to work hard at not letting my attitude and emotions take control! That's what happens when I blurt out hurtful words. I love Ephesians 4:29, and need to apply it to my life! Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 

4) Read more books. I have SO many that I want to read-and several that are already started, I just need to finish! Books on Christian growth, parenting, fiction books, marriage, etc! I want to spend more time reading, and less watching T.V...(should be easier now that our downstairs T.V. is broken!)

5) Lose weight. Ah, this is most always on 'the list' I suppose. It's frustrating to me that I worked SO hard to lose the weight (and then some) after Preston was born, and now some has crept back on again! For me, staying 'fit' will most likely be a constant battle! Time to become GOOD friends again with the elliptical! :)

That's all for now! Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think we can probably just chisel in "losing weight" into our new years resolutions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a funny picture of Mr P! What a great kid.

    Ahhh, the goals list. I sat down the other night and composed practically the same list!!!! Weight loss, and a closer relationship with Christ are pretty much on the list every year, but they are still worthy of it I guess.

    Best of luck on your goals throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey!! Where did you get the background from? LOVE IT!! Coming to O tomorrow but i'm hoping sometime in Feb we can come and meet up with new, and old, friends:) Keep posting...i like reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals were nicely put and echo mine for this year. Let me know of the good books you are reading.
    Happy Belated New Year!

    ReplyDelete